CANADA'S GREAT LAKES SURFING PAGE
Latest revision's/additions, November 20, 2000
Lake Ontario, Canada.
Picture by Don Wallace.
MAIN INDEX of Great Lakes Surfing Page, Page 1 of 1John & Jasons Trip. Some pictures of John Newgard and Jasons first stop of their trip, down under.
A few pictures from the trip in Oct/Nov 1997.
Other Great Lakes Surfing Sites
Great Lakes Surfing Association Surfing Comps on the lakes and much more
Greg Schmidt's Great Lakes Surfing Page
Surfing on Lake Superior
PICTURES of Great Lakes Surfing, Page 1 of 2
(Photos by Don Wallace, John Newgard, and other Lake surfers as credited)
- The Bridge, Towers (37k) Craig at The Bridge, "Towers".
"The Bridge" refers to the Skyway Bridge in Burlington, Lake Ontario.
- The Bridge, South Side, Middles (37k) Craig, south of The Bridge.
- The Bridge, South Side, First Peak (37k) Fall, 1993
- The Bridge, Northside (28k) October 1992
- The Bridge (82k) Craig at the Bridge, on a clean wave, by John Newgard.
- The Bridge 1 (22k) Dave Rogers at the Bridge, offshore, by John Newgard.
- The Bridge 2 (17k) Dave Rogers at the Bridge, offshore, by John Newgard.
- Ted at The Bridge (12k) Checking the lineup.
- The Pig and Whistle (17k) Near Hamilton, onshore, by John Newgard.
- Salmon Point, about a 6ft face. (28k) by John Newgard.
- Simcoe Island (30k) by John Newgard.
- Stony Point 1 (49k) by John Newgard.
- Stony Point 2 (33k) by John Newgard.
- Stony Point 3 (103k) John Newgard on a right hander.
- Stony Point 4 (98k) by John Newgard.
- Stony Point 5 (29k) In winter, by John Newgard.
- WInter Conditions (35k) Waxup conditions in winter, by John Newgard.
- The point at Sandbanks, 4ft face. (9k) by John Newgard.
- Sandbanks (31k) Don Wallace at Sandbanks, Lake Ontario, on a small day.
- South Point 1 (17k) The South Point of West Beach, Sandbanks,
- South Point 2 (26k) Different view of South Point.
- Point Break (26k) Checking out one of the points on Lake Ontario at sunset.
- Lighthouse (20k) A lighthouse on Lake Ontario, rented out by the local crew for weekend getaway's.
- Pleasant Point 1 (43k) Some shots af a clean Pleasant Point by John Newgard. Lineup Shot.
- Pleasant Point 2 (41k) Glassy waves.
- Pleasant Point 3 (42k) Wave closeup.
- Pleasant Point 4 (14k) Taking off.
- Pleasant Point 5 (20k) Andrea ready to get wet.
- From Craig H. Kemnitz.
- Lake Michigan 1 (145k) Beach near Chicago on a cold Spring morning.
- Lake Michigan 2 (68k) Big seas breaking over a pier near Chicago.
- Lake Michigan 3 (164k) Newspaper cutting about 20ft waves .
- From Dave Hansen.
- bay1.jpg (86K) North Break Outside and Inside at Big Bay, Whitefish Bay WI.
- bay2.jpg (76K) South Break at Big Bay.
- bgdrp.jpg (30K) Dave Hansen at Seven Bridges, Souuth Milwaukee WI.
- line.jpg (34K) Down the Line at Seven Bridges.
- tube.jpg (38K) Tube at Big Bay, Whitefish Bay WI.
- peak.jpg (33K) Dave Hansen at McKinley Beach, Milwaukee, WI.
- cut.jpg (37K) Dave Hansen at McKinley Beach, Milwaukee, WI.
- curl.jpg (36K) Small tube at McKinleys sand Beach, Milwaukee.
- rt.jpg (37K) McKinley Cove.
- snk.jpg (34K) "Snake" bottom turning at McKinley.
- sp.jpg (31K) Closeout at McKinley.
- fav.jpg (31K)Dave and Troy at McKinley
- dave.jpg (20K) Dave Hansen.
- From Bob Lord
- Lake Michigan 1 (84k) Jean Klock Park, Benton Harbour Mi, 1981
- Lake Michigan 2 (35k) Jean Klock Park, Benton Harbour Mi, 1981.
- Greg's Lake Michigan Page Link to more pictures of Lake Michigan
PICTURES of some of the Great Lakes crew. Page 2 of 2
(All Photos by Don Wallace, and other Lake surfers unless otherwise credited)
PICTURES of John & Jason Down Under, Page 1 of 1
This is the first leg of their trip, the West coast of Victoria Australia.
WEATHER RESOURCES and BUOY DATA Page 1 of 1
Great Lakes Buoy Data
- Great Lakes Wave Chart Wave Height & direction for all Lakes.
- Great Lakes Wind Analysis Plot of Surface Wind Barbs, all Lakes.
- Current Great Lakes Water Temperatures All Lakes, Degrees C.
- Current Great Lakes Water Temperatures All Lakes, Degrees C & Degress F.
- Current Great Lakes Water Temperatures Lake Erie, Degress C.
- Current Great Lakes Water Temperatures Lake Michigan, Degress C.
- Current Great Lakes Water Temperatures Lake Ontario, Degress C.
- Great Lakes Marine Text Forecasts by Zone
- Canadian Meteorological Centre
- National Weather Service Marine Product Dissemination Information
- The Great Lakes Forecasting System Homepage.
- Weather Jumpstation, comprehensive weather links page.
- Upper Atmoshere charts, a good indicator for predicting surface chart movements.
- Northern Hemisphere, 500mb Height. For the "Bigger picture", the upper atmosphere charts are a good adjunct to your surf prediction tools.
- ECMWF medium-range forecast charts: day 3 forecast 500 mb Height for Northern Hemisphere
- ECMWF medium-range forecast charts: days 3-6500 mb Height. and Sea Level Pressure. with selectable regions and 3 to 6 days forecast charts.
Buoy Information and Location Map.
Page Design, Icons & Graphics by Ludwig Omachen.
Copyright (C) 1996, Ludwig Omachen, All rights reserved.
Comments to author, Ludwig Omachen: